Air Pollution – Air Borne Diseases
PREVENTION STARTS WITH YOU.STOP AIR POLLUTION.SAVE THE EARTH
- More than 5.5 million people die prematurely in the world every year due to air pollution related disease conditions. 1 in 4 deaths is due to living and working in a toxic environment.
- Air pollution is the fourth highest risk factor for death globally and the leading environmental risk factor for disease .
- India and China are the two countries where more than 50% of worldwide deaths occur due to air pollution .
- Cardiovascular diseases, lung cancer, chronic obstructive lung diseases, asthma, pneumonia and bronchitis are the main diseases caused due to air pollution.
- Incidences of premature babies being born with poor mental growth are rising in number due to air pollution in India. Indians have 30% lower lung function due to the impact of polluted air.
- Indoor air pollution is equally hampering the health of people especially children.