It is a common myth that if one has to gain weight or if one is overweight or obese then he is likely to be a non vegetarian. But the fact is that even vegetarian foods do help or cause weight gain and make you look stout or fat!
In particular Vegan foods that are a stricter version of vegetarian foods with no dairy is gaining more importance! These vegan foods have the benefit of helping to gain weight in healthier pattern
If you are a person who is planning to gain weight, then increase the consumption of the following mentioned foods and if you are a person who is on strict dieting and planning to cut down a few kilograms and fat then avoid consumption of following foods –
- Non dairy smoothies and protein shakes – It includes shakes generally made of various fruits and soy milk
- Granola – Rich in proteins, a quarter cup will add about 200 calories
- Vegan Chips – Generally made of soy, bean paste. It increases satiety sooner by adding calories
- Coconut oil, milk or yogurt – Very high in saturated fat and increases bad cholesterol, thus adding to your weight in unhealthy way
- Vegan desserts – Vegan cupcakes, muffins, cookies, pies are all nutritious and adds to weight
Simple tips to choose the right vegan to serve your need –
- Make a plan before you start
- Choose what you need
- Plan your snacks
- Choose what you like
Vegan foods are gaining importance, so make your way with the popularity and choose the best that suits you!