Chikungunya : Do you Know?
- Its a Viral Disorder
- Transmitted to human beings by Mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti) infected with the above virus
- The below symptoms appear usually between 4-7 days after being bitten by the mosquito
- Generally, it is a self-limiting disorder and symptoms last for 2-3 days and is rarely fatal.
- The virus stays in human body for 5-7 days and during this time mosquitoes feeding on the infected person can also become infected
- Peak biting times of the mosquito is in the early mornings or late evenings
- Chikungunya in pregnant ladies, elderly and patients with other existing medical conditions may need urgent medial attention.
Signs and Symptoms to watch out for:
- Abrupt onset of Fever (40°C/ 104°F) with chills and joint pains
- Severe Joint Pain – Low Back, Ankle, Knee, Wrist or Phalanges
- Swelling in the affected joints
- Headache, Muscle Pain
- Nausea accompanied by extreme tiredness, fatigue or weakness
If you or any or of your near and dear ones are suspected to be suffering from the above signs/symptoms contact our team of doctors @ Activ Doctors Online