DIET FOR DIABETES
Know your diet to keep your sugar right. Diet is the mainstay of treatment in diabetes. Without right diet, even multiple drugs will not put your sugar right.
Diabetes is one of the most common ailments affecting individuals of all age groups. It is surprising fact that DIET plays a pivotal role in treating diabetes.
Diabetic diet is never the same for everyone. DIABETIC DIET IS INDIVIDUALISED. Here are a few tips which will guide you on what to eat and how much to eat!
- The GOLDEN RULE for diabetic food is stick to moderate quantity of nutritious food at fixed meal time
- Select the food that is low in fat and calories but rich in all essential nutrients like pulses, grams
- Include whole grains, green leafy vegetables in your diet. Avoid Tubers
- Include legumes like beans ,peas and lentils in your daily diet
- Bitter guard though it sounds and tastes bitter, it is very helpful in diabetes. It is considered to balance the insulin level in the blood
- Fishes like sardines, tuna, mackerel, salmon, and bluefish are highly rich in omega 3 fatty acid. These help to reduce the complications of diabetes
- Almonds, walnuts, olive, avocado can be a better alternatives for unhealthy snacks
- Reduce salt intake in your diet less than half teaspoonful per day
- Raw and partially ripe fruits are preferred than fully ripe fruits
FOODS TO BE AVOIDED:
- Hot dog
- Egg Yolk
- Sugars, sweets, jaggery and honey
Patients need not make major changes in their diet, just need to incorporate right modifications.
Diabetes does not mean you need to AVOID ALL FOOD, ITS JUST RIGHT QUANTITY OF ALL FOOD AND RIGHT FOOD.