Each day is a new beginning in life and it is in our hands to stay energized, happy, healthy and productive to make the most of it.
It is therefore recommended to start your day with exercise. Morning exercises need not be gym based or excessively time consuming – all you need is about 7-10 minutes of physical activity to get you going!
What can be done at 7 to 10 minutes? A brisk walk or jog in the park or even a walk with your dog!
A few other exercise options include:
- Spot Jogs / Spot Runs – about 60 seconds to warm up.
- Squats – for about 1 – 2 minutes Squats for about 1 to 2 minutes
- Shoulder Circles – for about 1 minute till a count of 100
- Kicking Movements
- Simple Yoga Poses
- Full Body Stretches
- Spot Cycling – lay straight on your back and perform cycling movements with your feet
- Pushups or Chair Dips
- Jumping Jacks
These simple exercises need neither excessive time, nor equipment.
The benefits of beginning your day with exercise are immense including:
- Energizes you for your day ahead
- Frees your mind
- Reduces Stress
- Helps stay calm, fresh and active
- Develops discipline and routine
- Helps in achieving fitness goals
A lot can happen in just a few minutes – get active, get moving!
Be more than well.