Our eyes are one of the best gifts by God and as we are blessed with the eyes, it is our responsibility to take proper care of the eyes.
Eyes are organs which can be donated even after our death, so it is even more important to keep it safe as it helps others too!
Here are a few essential Eye care tips, which when followed will help you with healthy eyes and better vision –
- Consume healthy and nutritious foods – Diet determines your health. Include foods that are rich in omega three fatty acids, zinc, vitamin C and E. Foods that help you with better vision and healthy eyes are –
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale
- Fishes – Salmon, Tuna
- Protein rich foods – Eggs, nuts, beans and non-meat products
- Citrus fruits like Oranges, sweet limes
- Quit smoking – Smoking increases the risk of damage to optic nerves, cataracts and other illnesses
- Wear sunglasses when you are outdoors., so that it avoids exposure to UV rays
- Choose protective glasses or goggles if you are working in an environment that is likely to damage your eyes
- Blink often
- Look away from the computer screen once every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds. Even otherwise rest your eyes in this way
- Ensure that your monitor at the eye level
- Use anti-glare screens to protect eyes from excess light
- Consult an Ophthalmologist on regular basis that is once in a year without eye problems and once in 6 months if you have eye problems
- Sleep adequately for at least 8 hours every day
- Maintain proper hygiene – Do not touch your eyes without washing your hands and do not rub your eyes
- Eye exercises are recommended on a regular basis
- Avoid over the counter eye medicines
- Maintain a safe distance from electronic devices
Eyes are the organs which when cared properly, will work 24*7. It is now in your hands to take care of your eyes.
Be more than well. Be well prepared.