Health Benefits of Yoga
Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word “yuj” which means “to join”. Yoga is the oldest and ancient exercise format followed in India since 5000 years. Yoga focuses on strength, flexibility and breathing to boost mental and physical well being.
Yoga comprises of postures called Asanas, breathing techniques and meditation. Yoga is gaining importance in all other parts of the world because of the health benefits.
Health Benefits of Yoga:
- All round fitness – A person is truly healthy only when he is fit physically, mentally and emotionally. Yoga helps in attaining all round fitness
- Weight loss – Everyone wants to lose weight!!! Surya Namaskar and Kapal Bhati Pranayama play a major role in reducing weight
- Stress relief – Yoga is a better way to get rid of stress. Meditations, Pranayama are good stress busters
- Reduces chronic aches and pains by its various postures
- Helps in Diabetes – Yoga helps in reducing blood sugar levels by its postures and controlled breathing, though the mechanism is under study. It has been proved by the studies
- Minimizes hypertension – Yoga thou does not reduce your blood pressure completely, it helps in reducing the number of medications if practiced regularly
- Helps in alleviating mood, thus helps in depression
- Helps in menstrual problems associated with females and reduces post menopausal symptoms
Yoga offers multiple health benefits of which few are named. Care should be taken to practice Yoga under the supervision of an experienced hand.