HEALTHY EATING HABITS – ADULTS & CHILDREN
It is important to have healthy eating habits to maintain ideal body weight and enjoy optimum good health. It reduces disease burden, gives a feeling of well-being and contentment.
Adopt healthy eating habits for yourself and even teach them to your children from a younger age and help optimize their growth, weight and well-being.
Eating habits are those which a child picks up in childhood and follows them to adulthood.
Aspects of healthy eating habits include portion control and cutting back on fats, sugars and fizzy drinks.
Food components include
- Low-fat or non-fat dairy products
- Poultry without skin
- Lean cuts of meats
- Whole grain breads and cereals
- Fruits and veggies as snacks
Allow children to make healthy food choices as a learning process. Involve them in shopping and preparing meals.
Simple measures that are included in Healthy habits :
- Eat slowly, chew food well.
- Eat as a family and encourage one another.
- Avoid eating in front of TV.
- Cater to snacks – Keep fruits, salad veggies, proteins nuts etc as choices.
Healthy habits healthy life