Cough in kids is common health trouble which often makes mothers worried.
Continuous coughing may trouble your kid by hampering his sleep, causing irritation, reducing his food intake, etc. Untreated Cough may turn into some gross.
These home remedies can treat the Cough if given during the initial phase:
- Honey – It works magic especially for Dry Cough. Give one teaspoon of Honey before bedtime and it will help to prevent coughing reflex during night
- Turmeric – Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming turmeric with milk may help to reduce the cough reflex as well as the infection
- Elevate the head of your child – It will help to keep your kid’s airway through
- Steam – Steam helps to loosen the cough. You can just use a humidifier or else a hot steam shower and make your kid sit in the steamy bathroom
- Salt-water – Though it’s not easy to make them drink warm water so just offer them salt water to keep in mouth and spit
- Liquids – Offer lots of liquid at room temperature. It will loosen the cough
- Clear their nose frequently – If you find it difficult, you can use saline drops to clear their nose
- Use chest rub – You can use warm oil to massage their chest, it will relax them
- Ginger & lemon juice – Ginger and lemon juice mixed with honey can be your alternative of a cough syrup
- Offer ample rest to your kid
It is absolutely normal for kids to have a cough, but it is important to prevent the infection.