As a parent, you must have gone through a Tantrum of your toddler.
What is a Toddler Tantrum?
It is nothing but an outrage of unexpressed feelings. It may involve explosions of anger, frustration & disorganized behaviour (shouting, screaming, etc). It is one of the most difficult parts of parenting as per experts.
How to deal with a Toddler Tantrum?
These tips to tame with Toddler Tantrum will help you to take charge of the situation:-
- Accept it Normal – “Toddler Tantrums” is one of the most common forms of behaviour in toddlers globally. Every parent faces it at some point in their life.
- Do not be embarrassed
- Do not get played with the trick- Do not get convinced for the wrong demands
- Just keep your calm and talk, but in a low pitch and voice
- Just allow him to complete the course
- Do not put your ego in between your kid and you
- He is a kid, let him throw the tantrum. No need to be a kid and reciprocate in the same way.
- Not under any circumstance beat or hit your kid
- Distraction really works- take him at a side
- Ask him how he feels, help him to put his feeling into words
- Be aware of the situations in advance and be prepared, slowly the kid will understand that this will not work.
Let them be kids. Allow them to throw tantrums but set a clear & strict message that their wrong behaviour is not going to work.