The word ‘Diet’ gets thrown about a lot when talking about health and fitness. Diet is not just important from a weight loss perspective, but is also equally vital to stay fit and healthy.
Diets vary based on community, region, etc – however a few key components are common to them all; they form part of the ideal diet. What is an Ideal Diet?
Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods offer a mix of necessary nutrients for healthy body functioning.
An Ideal diet differs from person to person – based on their requirements. When working on planning your diet, it is important to keep the following aspects in mind:
- Eat lots of vegetables – It is expected that at least you consume 6 to 8 servings of vegetables, including tubers, greens, etc as part of your diet.
- Eat fruits on a regular basis – Consume 1 to 2 servings of fruits based on your health condition.
- Stay away from canned and processed foods as much as possible.
- Mix-up your diet – Do not consume same foods every day. Make changes on daily basis, to add health and variety to your diet.
- Eat less and more frequently – Eating more at a time is not preferred, hence consume less foods more frequently.
- Drink lots of water – Make sure you drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water
- Eat consciously and slowly
- Eat on time – Be it your favorite meal or the one you hate to the core, eat on time
A healthy adult male requires 2320 Kcal/day and a female would need around 1900 Kcal/day. Planning your diet in advance helps stay healthy and meet your body requirements.
Eat healthy and stay more than well.