Importance of Mental Health
The word ‘Mental Health’ has created a social stigma in population!
People often relate mental health with people who are mentally disturbed, mentally unstable and so on. But in reality, mental health is not what people have understood.
Mental health has a different meaning and being mentally healthy is essential for every one of us. Let us understand what is mental health and why is it important.
What is Mental Health? Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social well-being. Being mentally healthy determines how we handle stress, how we manage problems, how we find solution for problems and how we make choices.
Why is Mental Health important? Mental health is important in all phases of life. Being Mentally Healthy includes the following benefits:
- Improves quality of life – Facing challenges in life makes a person strong and that indirectly makes you live the life to the fullest
- Mental health supports our ability to build healthy relationships
- Mental health helps us to handle ups and downs in life
- Mental health re discovers our hidden potential
- Helps us to maintain good chances in life
- Leads to better physical health
- Helps us to cope up with stresses in life
Ways to maintain positive mental health –
- Think positive at all the times
- Be social and increase your interaction with people you trust
- Be physically active
- Sleep for at least 8 hours per day
- Seek professional help when needed
Sleeplessness, getting irritated easily, inability to perform daily tasks, thinking of self-harm, etc are signs of mental stress and anxiety. These symptoms will easily hamper your health, so don’t delay to seek help!!
Be more than well. Be physically, emotionally and mentally well prepared.