Mindfulness Meditation – Are you Present now?
Mindfulness Meditation is a form of meditation designed to develop the skill of paying attention to the present moment and increase awareness in our daily lives.
Studies have shown that careful moment-to-moment attention developed with mindfulness helps individuals better cope with stress, stay calm, increase focus and live healthy.
Steps in Mindfulness
- Select a calm and quiet area.
- Clear the surrounding area
- Turn off the Television and Mobile Phone
- Set an alarm for 45 minutes or more
- Make yourself comfortable with your upper body straight but not rigid
- Keep your head and shoulder steady, the upper arms should be parallel to the upper body.
- Focus on your breath
Benefits of Mindfulness Meditation
- Reduced Mental Stress
- Increased Concentration and Focus
Mindfulness Meditation has shown to help in decision making and critical thinking.