Pregnancy – Diet and Nutrition Tips
When you are pregnant; there are loads of changes that happen in your body. These changes require certain added nutritional needs. Pregnancy is the state where in you will be “Eating for two and living for two – you and your baby!”
Following are a few important nutritional tips that help you with your pregnancy.
5 MUST HAVE NUTRIENTS:
- Proteins – Is a must for growing fetus. Protein rich foods include – soy, chicken, eggs, peanut butter, dried beans and lentils.
- Folate – Helps prevent neural tube defects in the fetus. Foods that supplement you include – orange juice, spinach, strawberries, oatmeal, rice and broccoli.
- Calcium – Must for healthy bones and teeth for your baby. Calcium is abundant in – yogurt, cheese, milk, almonds and tofu.
- Fiber – Fiber rich foods like whole grains, apples, oranges, berries, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots helps in digestion.
- Fats – Fats are a must for proper development of brain of your baby. Fat rich foods include – olive oil, sunflower oil, nuts and safflower oil.
5 MUST FOLLOW TIPS :
- Never forget breakfast
- Choose healthy snacks as add-ons to your meals – examples : vegetable salads, fresh fruits, small bowl of porridge with milk, slice of toasted bread
- Sea foods 2 to 3 times in a week – tuna, sardines, salmon, shrimps to name a few
- 3 cups of dairy products a day
- Drink up to 10 cups of water every day that adds up to 2.4 liters a day
Additional Tips for Being Healthy during Pregnancy include –
- Avoid lying down within an hour of eating
- Save beverages for after meals
- Eat small and frequent meals
- Much on small snacks throughout the day
- Opt for cold dishes
Pregnancy needs an overall care. Simple tips help in the well-being of baby and you.
Be more than well. Be well prepared.