When you know is trying to lose weight, offering the right advice, encouragement and motivation is key.
Here are a few tips to guide you offer the right encouragement and motivation to your near and dear ones:
- Be a cheerleader and never a coach – Be in the cheer group who claps for all the small achievements made. Do not be a coach, who points out faults and oversees achievements
- Be an active participant in their exercise program – providing company is the best encouragement ever
- Show them your overall care – Do not showcase your care for them as only limited to weight loss. Show equal care about their busy schedule, health and show that you care them as a person
- Be a good listener and don’t judge – If they have not able to reach their target in reducing weight, listen out the reason for the same and don’t judge them for just failing once
- Be aggressively supportive – No matter how busy your day was! Always find time to join them in their weight loss program, that shows your supportiveness for them
- Celebrate small achievements and take the lead in celebrations
- Learn about their schedule for the week and if they are lacking on time for certain activities, make up the time for the same and you be present for the same
- Don’t compare their achievements with others, but cite an example that helps them to reach their target
- Don’t be cruel – Don’t hog on their favorites in front of them, that’s clearly demotivation
- Do understand what is stopping them from losing weight and work on it together
Other simple steps include –
- Help them schedule Doctors’ Appointments
- Structure and plan your participation
- Exercise together
- Spend quality time together
- Celebrate small victories
Losing weight is not an impossible task! A balanced diet, a focused exercise program along with the right encouragement, motivation and guidance goes a long way.
Be more than well. Be well prepared.