Ginger is a well-known herb that is used extensively in almost every home in our country. You must already know that Ginger is good for our health, but do you know what are the health benefits for Ginger?
Well, Ginger belongs to the Gingiberaceae family. It contains a chemical substance known as Gingerol which has strong medicinal properties.
Here a few health benefits of Ginger:
- Treating Nausea – Ginger is known to relieve nausea and vomiting. It is used during pregnancy to manage pregnancy induced nausea or morning sickness. If used in moderation, it can be really very effective against nausea
- Anti-inflammatory properties – Ginger has strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is considered effective in preventing & treating osteoarthritis of the knee joint
- Digestion – Ginger contains phenolic compounds. These may help in relieving gastrointestinal (GI) irritation, acidity, and indigestion. It helps to stimulate saliva production. It is also effective against gastric contractions.
- Helps to relieve menstrual pain – Warm Ginger water is known to relieve cramping during Dysmenorrhoea (pain during the menstrual cycle)
- Cold & Flu relief – A Ginger tea is widely accepted and used as a home remedy to prevent cold. Not only it reduces the symptoms of a cold but also it also helps to relieve the congestion related to cold.
- Cardiovascular health – Ginger is used in reducing cholesterol, it also helps to maintain healthy levels of blood sugar. Thus it imparts a healthy heart.
- Prevention of many diseases – Ginger has antioxidants; these antioxidants reduce the burden of free radicals that are released during the metabolic pathways of our body. In this way, Ginger is helpful to prevent some serious diseases including cancer
- Antioxidant – Ginger is a strong antioxidant, it can reduce oxidative stress and may even benefit in the function of the brain
- Bad odor – Ginger is used in management of foul breath from the mouth. Regular consumption of Ginger is known to reduce bad breath as it helps to kill oral bacteria linked to inflammatory disease in Gums causing bad breath
- Natural expectorant – Ginger is used in coughing, it acts as an effective expectorant and helps to expel cough from lungs
- Nutritional benefits – Ginger contains micronutrients like magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, etc. Also, it is rich in vitamins, fibers, and protein
How to consume Ginger?
You can add Ginger to your regular foodstuffs, vegetables, tea, milk or even can extract its juice and mix it with honey for easy consumption.
Consume this super herb, Ginger and avail its health benefits.