Snoring is the abnormal snorting and rattling sound while sleeping. About 40% of the population is being affected by snoring. Snoring is not a personal problem! Snoring causes problems in relationships and affects personal life too!
A few tips to help reduce snoring include:
- Change your sleep position – Lying on back makes the tongue and throat collapse, which in turn increases snoring. Lying on sides prevents this and thus snoring reduces
- Lose weight – Obese people are more prone for snoring
- Avoid alcohol – Alcohol relaxes your muscles, thus increases snoring.
- Practice sleep hygiene – Sleep for at least 6 to 8 hours and at fixed time
- Keep your nostrils open – Avoid nasal blockages and if affected by conditions that affects nose, get treated immediately
- Change your pillows – Allergies trigger snoring, hence change pillows and bed spreads on regular basis that avoid snoring
- Stay well hydrated – Drink at least 3 to 4 liters of water everyday
- Exercise regularly – It tones your muscles and help in preventing snoring
- Stop smoking – It causes breathing problems and which in turn leads to snoring.
- Keep your head end higher when compared to rest of the body
- Inhale steam before heading to bed
Sleep Right, Stay Healthy.