Tired all the time?
In today’s day and age, we often find ourselves tired all the time, unable to work productively and feel a constantly exhausted and lacking energy.
Fatigue is a normal part of day to day life.
But if it persists throughout the day it can be due to physical or mental illness.
Some of the common causes for long standing fatigue could be:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Anemia –a common cause in women
- Underactive Thyroid
- Obstructive sleep apnoea due to obesity leading to poor concentration, lethargy and somnolence.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psychological distress ,Depression and anxiety
It can also be a feature of life threatening diseases like Cancers and/or AIDS.
Consult your doctor at the earliest to get checked if you have been tired all the time.
Some the preventive steps that can be taken are:
- Iron and Vitamin supplementation for menstruating women
- Regular exercise to decrease long standing joint pains.
- Reduce body weight to prevent sleep apnoea.
- Stop drug and alcohol abuse
- Quit smoking.
Stay fit and be more than well. Be well prepared.