You must have heard about Typhoid fever. Here are few facts about Typhoid fever-
- It is a bacterial infection (salmonella strains)
- May be fatal if not treated properly
- It spreads through contaminated food and water
- There may be asymptomatic carriers of typhoid, who carry the bacteria without symptoms
- There is no treatment apart from the antibiotics
Symptoms of Typhoid
A person starts to show the following symptoms after 1 or two weeks of an infection.
- High-grade fever with rose-colored rashes over neck and abdomen
- Abdominal pain
- A Headache
- Constipation Or diarrhoea
- Loss of appetite
Treatment & diet for Typhoid Fever
The only and effective treatment is antibiotic treatment as per the condition of a person. A doctor prescribes a course of antibiotics and it is advised not to leave the treatment in between. Diet plays an important role in the recovery.
Diet tips for Typhoid fever
- Avoid raw fruit and vegetables
- Consume a high protein diet
- eat only pasteurized dairy products
- Eat home-cooked, least spicy and easily digestible food only
- Take care of hygiene, drink only boiled & cooled water
With these tips, you can speed up the process of recovery.