What is an Unhealthy Diet? We keep hearing a lot about consuming healthy food and the benefits of a healthy diet. Are burgers, French fries and Pizza always unhealthy?
What should you not eat?
An Unhealthy diet is a diet that fails to provide essential nutrients to our body or a diet that is perceived to have little or no nutritive value.
A Diet that contains too many calories, sugars and salts with very little or no fruits and veggies would be an Unhealthy diet.
Some examples of Unhealthy foods include:
- Salt rich foods like papads, pickles
- Sugar rich foods like candies, sweets, ice creams
- Junk foods like pizzas, burgers, sandwiches
- Carbonated beverages
- Oily and fat rich foods like deep fried snacks
When is a diet termed Unhealthy?
- Provides empty calories
- Provides empty fibers
- Takes away nutrients from your body and leaves you nutritionally deficient
- Has negative effects on your health\
The ill effects of unhealthy diet are as follows –
- Loss of muscle mass
- Increased tiredness and fatigue – As the body is devoid of nutrients
- Increased risk of being overweight and obesity
- Increased risk of diabetes
- Elevates cholesterol levels
- Increases blood pressure
- Increased risk of heart disease
- Decreases concentration and memory
How to avoid binging on unhealthy diet? Moderation is key to everything.
- Limit junk foods to a minimum
- When ordering food choose less salty food
- Avoid carbonated and alcoholic beverages
- Choose fruits and veggies as snacks
- Never shop on empty stomach
Be more than well. Be well prepared.