A New Year means a new opportunity to start your life on a new note. New Year resolutions don’t have to be big life changing commitments. It can be simple things you do to be happier and healthier.
So what is your New Year Resolution? Commit to an #Activ2016by sharing your New Year Resolutions with us. Three most exciting, healthy resolutions will win exciting prizes!
Follow these #ActivTips for an #Activ2016
• Eat mindfully -eat your food peacefully sitting down at a table instead of scarfing it down. And don’t forget to add dark leafy vegetables such as spinach, which helps to protect against various health related problems
• Use 20/20/20 rule to take care of your eyes –If you have to work in front of your laptop or computer, use the 20-20-20 rule, every 20 minutes, look 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds. This break will help your eyes to rest from constant strain
• Schedule meditation in your everyday life –Even though it is for 10 minutes, a little bit of breath-in and breath-out can make a huge difference in your life.
• Stretch out –Good Posture and a little stretch out helps keep joints properly aligned to facilitate proper muscle function and decrease wear and tear
• Try to get to bed earlier – To avoid the health problems related to sleep disorder, try to get to bed an hour than your usual bedtime
• Always take the stairs – Instead of using the lift or escalator, try climbing the stairs
• Make a habit of drinking herbal tea – Instead of milk tea and coffee, drink herbal tea every day
Many people, though start a New Year resolution on a positive note, tend to fail within a month. Sometimes, even before a month.
Team Activ Doctors Online has curated a list of ways to combat your resolution blues.
• Resolutions need to be realistic. Self-motivation, dedicated continuous effort and short term goal setting will help achieve these realistic goals
• Instead of making a long list of resolution and failing, focus on one resolution
• You can ask your close one to be your mentor to report your everyday progress
• Be mindful. Become physically, emotionally and mentally aware of your resolutions, rather living in the past or the future
• To achieve your over ambitious goal, you can break down your goal into smaller milestones
This New Year – Be proactive. Stay Healthy, stay Activ!