Injuries can happen at any place. Be it home, a work station, a bus station, etc. and a well-equipped first aid kit helps to respond effectively to all sorts of injuries.
What should a First Aid Kit have? In order to be equipped to handle all sorts of injuries and ailments, a first aid kit should ideally have the following:
- Plasters in all shapes and sizes
- Sterile dressing pads or gauze dressings
- Roller gauze
- Crepe bandage of basic size
- Disposable gloves
- Alcohol swabs
- Gauze adhesive tape
- Betadine ointment
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Pain killer spray
- Fever medications like TAB. CALPOL/TAB. DOLO 650 MG (advised only for adults)
- Distilled water
- Eye pad
- Hand sanitizer
- Antiseptic liquid like DETTOL/SAVLON
- Contact number of Family Physician
- First aid manual
Having a first aid kit is the first step towards handling an injury.
Be more than well. Be well prepared.