All of us know we need all the essential nutrients to lead a healthy life. Of all the nutrients, the most commonly known ones are Vitamins. Vitamins are needed for effective and healthy functioning of our body!
The term Vitamins rings a bell in our brain and we visualize the doctor talking about Vitamin A, D though they are not the only vitamins needed by our body. But deficiency of these vitamins is very common compared to others!!
Vitamin D deficiency is very common.
Why is Vitamin D deficiency very common? Vitamin D is also known as Sunshine Vitamin, which means it can be easily obtained to the level needed by our body by getting exposed to early morning sunlight (6 AM to 10 AM). However certain food products also provide Vitamin D, but we miss on consuming them as well!! Our lifestyle makes us get very less exposed to sunlight and thus the deficiency is commonly noted!
Why is Vitamin D important? Vitamin D is essential for the normal functioning of our body. It is very important because of the following reasons –
- Enhances immunity, which helps to fight against diseases
- Helps in building bones
- Keeps bones strong and healthy
- Improves muscle function
- Reduces the risk of falls in elderly
- Prevents Colon, Breast and Prostate cancer
- Protects heart from various diseases and keeps it healthy
- Prevents and helps in management of diabetes
- Offers protection against high blood pressure
- Helps fight against depression
- Prevents aches and pains
- Helps in keeping lungs healthy
- Promotes brain development
- Helps in Alzheimer’s diseases prevention and treatment
- Protects against multiple sclerosis
Other vitamins help in being healthy whereas Vitamin D promotes health and offers protection against various life-threatening illnesses. The daily requirement of Vitamin D varies according to age, there are certain foods which are very good sources of Vitamin D!
Plan your diet and daily routine, start having foods rich in Vitamin D and get yourselves exposed to sun light.
Be more than well. Be well prepared.