Who doesn’t wish a healthy heart?
Yoga postures enhance the blood circulation, improve lung capacity, heart rate and impart many other benefits.
Let us have a look at some effective Yoga postures for a better heart-
- Tadasana- Stand with the feet parallel & hip-width apart, now lifts your toes and stretch as much as you can. This posture will improve blood circulation and calm the mind.
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana: Bridge Pose- It maintains the blood pressure, stretches the chest & stimulates the abdominal organs. Lie on the back, bend your knees on the floor with hips apart
- Sukhasan (Easy Pose) – Sit comfortably in a cross-legged position. Keep your back straight. Close your eyes and breathe deeply. Repeat this process for a few times. It will help in proper oxygen flow to your system and strengthen the heart.
- Uttanasan- Stand in Tadasana with hands on the hips. Inhale and exhale as you bend from the hips & fold forward, keeping the front torso long. It also calms the mind and improves the blood circulation.
- Janu Sirsasana (head to know forward bend)-Sit on the floor with both legs extended in your front, inhale as you bend your left knee & bring your left sole along your right inner thigh. Exhale and return to the first position. This pose helps to maintain blood pressure & strengthen heart musculature
Though Yoga is safe for everyone, still it is highly recommended to consult a Yoga trainer before starting any posture.