Good Cholesterol vs Bad Cholesterol #ActivTips 1. High Cholesterol is a major risk factor for Heart Disease or Coronary Artery Disease. 2. High Cholesterol Levels itself do not cause symptoms. But it silently increases the chances of heart attack and stroke. 3. It is very important to get your cholesterol levels […]
Understanding and Treating Depression Depression is a common mental disorder that is characterized by low mood and anxiety, loss of interest in social activities and low self-esteem. Disturbed sleep or appetite, low energy and poor concentration are some of the outcomes of depression. Today, depression has become the major functional and emotional […]
Have you faced any of the below?
1. Always feel sad or in a low mood? Do you weep often?
2. Loss of interest or pleasure with activities that you normally enjoy?
3. Change in sleep pattern – difficulty in going to sleep, waking up early or sleeping too much?
4. Change in appetite – either poor appetite, loss of weight or weight gain?
5. Feeling tired through the day or loss of energy
6. Feeling agitated or slow movements
7. Poor concentration or being indecisive, feeling worthless, excessive guilt
8. Recurrent thoughts of death, suicide, life’s not worth it etc.
Did you know?
• The burden of depression is 50% higher in females than males
• Indians are reported to be the most depressed as per WHO
• Average age of onset is around 32 years
• The prevalence of Major Depressive Episodes in India is around 36%
• Higher rates of depression are seen in rural compared to the urban population
• Up to 20% of patients visiting the primary care clinics with symptoms of anxiety and depression may not be recognized
• Long working hours under strict deadlines cause up to 75% of working women to suffer from depression or general anxiety disorder compared to women with lesser workload.
ADHD – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: What parents need to know? FACTS 1. ADHD is one of the most common neurodevelopmental disorders of childhood 2. Boys are 3-4 times more at risk than girls 3. First diagnosed in childhood and may continue into adulthood 4. Genetics plays a key role and the number […]
Benefits of Good posture 1.Around 84% of the world’s population suffers from back or neck pain due to poor posture 2. Neck Pain affects 45% of today’s working class due to prolonged bad posture and sedentary lifestyles leading to poor posture and pain 3. Poor Posture can cause back pain, increased fatigue and […]
Benefits of Regular Exercise Recommended Guidelines • 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise or 30 minutes physical activity every day to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol and optimize weight • There is 40% lower risk of dying with people who are physically active for about 7 hours […]
___Simple Exercises for Pregnant Women___ #ActivHealthTips 1. Studies show that pregnant women, who participate in regular exercise are less likely to develop gestational diabetes, have unplanned cesarean sections and reduce the risk of complications related to pregnancy 2. Regular exercise helps women to get through daily chores and better cope with the stresses of pregnancy […]
Indian company – Bharat Biotech has claimed significant progress on the Zika virus vaccine after a day WHO declared Zika virus as the global health emergency. Bharat biotech has claimed to have developed 2 vaccines for the Zika virus, which is associated with Microcephaly – underdeveloped brains in babies. As the features of the early […]
Zika virus disease is caused by a virus transmitted by Aedes mosquitoes, same family of mosquito causing dengue, chikungunya and yellow fever. Usually, Aedes mosquitoes bite during the morning, late afternoon and evenings and they can survive both indoor and outdoor environments.Those infected usually experience mild fever, skin rash (exanthema) and conjunctivitis that can last […]