Fats are always believed to be our enemies, but do you know that Fats are indeed essential for our health?
These health benefits of Fats will convince you to consume them regularly-
- Energy- Fats are a rich source of energy. One gram of Fat gives you around nine Kcal of energy
- Carriers of Vitamins- Fats are the essential transport medium for Fat- soluble vitamins (A, D, E & K). These vitamins are vital to our health
- Brain health & functions-Our brain is rich in fatty acids, thus ample fat consumption is important for our brain to function properly
- Physiological process- Essential fatty acids play an important role in many physiological processed like wound healing, blood clotting, inflammation, etc
- Structural component- The cell membranes are made up of fats (Phospholipids), they allow and regulate in and out movement from the cell. Thus fats are mandatory for the interplay of various vital components
- Protects our body-Fat cushions our body organs and thus protects them against injuries & trauma
- Other functions- Cholesterol (a type of fat), is a precursor of sex steroid hormones, adrenal hormones & vitamin D. It is also important for bile salts, bile emulsify fats and aids absorption of fats in the intestine
Now that you know the benefits of Fats, start consuming healthy Fats and stay healthy.