Are you a working professional?
Do you have to sit and work in front of a computer screen all day?
If your answer is yes then we recommend you to answer these questions to know the level of your physical fitness:-
- Do you often feel burning and strain in eyes?
- Do you often complain of headaches?
- Is it common for you to have lower back pain?
- Do you feel stiffness or pain in your neck?
- Do you feel exhausted and tired all day?
- Is your belly fat growing day by day?
- Do you feel mentally tired?
If your answer for most of these questions is yes, then you need to take it seriously and must do something for your health.
We are all so busy with the routine life that we hardly devote any time for our health & fitness. In the convenience of your office, you can do a basic workout without much effort. A simple and feasible option is to do Desktop Yoga at your desk only. Let us know the basics of Desktop Yoga or Yoga at the desk-
- Choose the right time, it is better to keep at least one-hour gap pre and post meal
- Stay calm and prepare your body for this simple workout
- Close eyes, do a Namaskar by stretching your hands on your sides & then bringing them together
- Stretch your hands straight up, look at your fingers, stay for 30 seconds
- Bring your hands to the ground, put them flat on the floor
- Pull your right leg from knee close to your abdomen and stretch your head to your back
- Coming back to the normal position, now pull your left leg from the knee and his time keeping your head close to your knee
- Come back to the normal posture and do one more stretch of hands to upwards
- Slowly come to the Namaskar mudra
- Relax and rub your palms and keep them on your closed eyes for a few seconds
- Repeat the steps at least 3 times in one stretch and do around 3 sets each day
You must have noticed that this is a form of the Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar; yes, it is a modified version of Surya Namaskar.
This simple regimen of office Yoga will make your back stretchable, relax your neck muscles & reduce your eye strain.