Out of every three females, at least one suffers from pain during menstruation. Others may feel a little discomfort.
Cause of Menstrual Pain
During menstruation, our uterus sheds its innermost endometrial layer in response to non-development of pregnancy. For 3-6 days, this process continues causing bleeding from the vagina. The uterine muscles work a lot causing cramps. These cramps might be troublesome for some women. If you are also suffering from Menstrual Pain, these tips and home remedies are useful for you:-
- Massage – A mild abdominal massage might be of great help.
- Applying heat – A hot water bag can ease the cramping thus relieve the pain
- Orgasm – Orgasm is great to ease menstrual pain as it releases endorphins that are natural pain relieving hormones
- Herbal tea – A hot tea made up of herbs like ginger, cinnamon, chamomile, etc may relieve the pain
- Hydration – Drink more water during periods will help you to minimize the pain
- Calcium-rich diet – Calcium is a natural anti-cramp mineral. Consuming it regularly will help to ease your periods
- Medicine – Antispasmodic medicines are safe to take for pain during periods. They relieve painful menstrual cramps
- Exercise – Exercising relieves endorphins (natural pain relievers) and soothes the pain. Thus exercise regularly to avoid menstrual pain
- Acupressure & Acupuncture – Alternative therapies especially Acupressure and Acupuncture are considered effective to relieve menstrual pain. You can give it a try
If nothing works, you must consult your doctor to rule out the real cause of your menstrual pain.