Does that mean we should not use cosmetics at all?
The answer is “No”. Beauty products help us to keep up our self-confidence, thus there is no harm using them.
The following tips will help you to choose a suitable product for your skin:-
- Know your skin type (dry, oily, combination, etc) and how sensitive your skin is. If your skin is dry, you need to be careful when shopping for cosmetics that dry the skin. For a sensitive skin go for “suitable for sensitive skin” tag
- Always gather complete knowledge about the ingredients of a product. Get your science fact correct & know the effect of the chemical constituents of a certain product. Read the label and then decide.
- It is better to read reviews online or ask for personal experiences from your family & friends
- Decide your expected outcome from a certain product. Like if want a skin-repairing cream, go for night cream as per your skin care needs.
- A regular use affirms the efficacy of beauty products, so set a budget & purchase the product which you can afford in the future too.
- Go for safe and hypo allergic products of reputed brands only
- A cream may suit you in summers but the same cream may cause dryness in winters, so choose accordingly as per weather conditions.
And last but not least, the inner health of your skin is important. Allow some makeup-free time, eat a balanced diet and drink lots of liquids to keep your skin healthy.