Everyone talks about eating healthy and nutritious foods; but very few are aware of the need of nutritious foods. We just know that eating good nutritious foods helps us to be healthy but the scope of consuming good nutritious foods is beyond that!
To understand the importance or benefits of good nutrition, let us first understand what good nutrition is all about!
Good nutrition is defined as the foods or diet that provides all the necessary calories that we need for energy and nutrients that is needed for growth
Importance of good nutrition – Good nutrition has innumerous health benefits, such as:
- Increases immunity, thus reduces the risk of diseases
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases, diabetes, stroke, osteoporosis
- Reduces the risk of certain cancers
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels
- Improves overall well being
- Increases energy levels
- Improves your recovery levels from illnesses
- Helps in managing healthy weight
- Fights overweight and obesity
- Delays the effects of ageing
- Increases concentration abilities and focus in life
- Increases life span
- Reduces the sick leave at school or in your profession
Simple tips to eat good nutritious foods –
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Eat plenty of whole grains
- Choose low fat or fat free dairy products
- Choose lean meat
- Try various protein rich foods
- Consume liters of water
When we eat right, it is more likely that we feel right!
Being unhealthy is very expensive – eat healthy, stay healthy.